15 Cancer Warning Signs People Ignore until It Becomes too Late
If you have a family history of cancer, you should definitely pay attention to any warning symptoms that your body may sent. Also, besides being able to recognize the symptoms, you should take preventive measures and reduce the chances of this life-threatening disease as much as possible, of course, in consultation with your physician.
Every cancer manifests differently; however, there are some common signs that apply to all cancers. Below, there are 15 common cancer symptoms that you mustn’t ignore:
- Changes in stool- different stool size, frequent diarrhea, and irregular bowel movements can be a sign of gastrointestinal cancer.
- Changes in urination- if you have an urge to go to the bathroom much more than before, and if you experience discomfort while urinating, you may have prostate or bladder cancer, therefore, consult your physician as soon as possible.
- Sores- sores can be a symptom of oral, skin, and cervical cancer.
- Bleeding in the stool or urine- if you notice blood in your urine or stool or if you cough up blood, you should consult your physician.
- Lumps on the skin– if you notice newly-formed lumps on your body or if the already existing ones are growing, you should consult your physician.
- Indigestion- if you experience indigestion followed by stomach discomfort and difficulty swallowing, you may suffer from upper gastrointestinal tract cancer.
- Changes in your moles and freckles– any kind of change in the shape, size, or color of a mole or a freckle may be a potential sign of cancer growing in the body.
- Unusual hair growth- believe it or not, this may also be a sign of cancer.
- Fatigue– when there is a tumor growing in the body, fatigue is a natural reaction of the immune system. Also, certain types of cancer cause loss of blood which further causes tiredness even after a good night’s sleep.
- Coughing- a scratchy throat and coughing that doesn’t go away may be a potential sign of throat or lung cancer.
- Lymph nodes- if you feel that your lymph nodes are inflamed or tender, you should consult your physician for a checkup.
- Unexplained weight loss- if you’ve lost too much weight without any effort, you might suffer from cancer.
- Changes in the skin- darkened, yellowish, or red skin may indicate some type of cancer.
- Discomfort- if you constantly feel a headache or back pain, you should schedule an appointment with your physician to discover the cause.
- Fever- in most cases, fever is common for cancer of lymphoma, cancer of the lymphatic system; however, it may be a sign of any other type of cancer which has spread onto other organs.