You Were Told That Drinking Warm Water with Lemon Is Good, but You Were Not Told This!
According to renowned health experts and nutritionists, drinking warm water with lemon in the morning is one of the most beneficial morning rituals. This is because lemon water hydrates the body and eliminates toxins. Lemon is rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, pectin fibers, carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins A, C, and B complex. The citric acid in it has potent antibacterial and antiviral characteristics which can strengthen the immunity and thus prevent the occurrence of many illnesses.
How to prepare it:
You will need half a lemon and a glass of warm water and a bit of honey, which is optional
Preparation: Squeeze the half lemon into the glass of water and stir the content well. Add a bit of honey for sweetness.
These are the benefits of drinking lemon water before breakfast:
- Your digestion will be better-lemon encourages bile secretion, which in turn betters the digestion. Hence, regular consumption of lemon water will cleanse the body and prevent digestive problems.
- It will help you lose weight-the pectin fibers in lemon prevent cravings and lower the appetite. When combined with warm water, lemon makes the environment in the stomach more alkaline which speeds up the process of fat burning.
- It will clean your skin-this beverage cleanses the blood and encourages skin regeneration.
- It strengthens the immunity-when regularly consumed, this beverage increases the body’s ability to assimilate iron which is important for a strong immunity. The vitamin C in lemon will reduce your chances of colds and flu.
- It refreshes the breath-lemon cleans the mouth by stimulating saliva which kills the bacteria causing the bad breath.
- It balances the pH of the body-by doing this; lemon water significantly lowers the risk of inflammation.
- It increases your energy-some of the ingredients in lemon like the vitamins B and C, as well as the proteins and phosphorus increase the level of energy and refresh and nourish the whole body.
- It treats throat infections-the potent antibacterial properties of lemon are excellent for the treatment of sore throat and tonsillitis.
- It balances the blood pressure-lemons detoxify the lymphatic system and maintain the body adequately hydrated. Also, since lemon is rich in potassium, it reduces the amount of stress and enables you to sleep better. And, it betters your mental activity and controls your blood pressure.
- Detoxifies the urinary tract-its diuretic properties cleanse the urinary tract of bacteria and also encourage urine production and balance the pH. This prevents bad bacteria.