How to Make Hair Removal Wax at Home
Often times, you’re unable to go to the salon to get waxed, so, when this happens, it is a much better option to get waxed at home, instead of shaving. Here’s how you can prepare your own wax:
First, take one saucepan and heat a bit of sugar in it. Stir it until it begins melting and leave it to caramelize. Then, add a bit of honey and lemon juice and stir the content until it becomes really hot. Stir the content constantly and if you think that the mixture is too thick, dissolve it with a bit of water. Remove it from the stove and leave it to cool down for an hour. Then, transfer it in a tin container and store it in the fridge.
These are the benefits of using homemade wax:
- Because it’s all-natural, it makes the skin soft and glowing.
- The chances of skin rash or infections are reduced to minimum.
- Besides removing hair, it will also moisturize the skin.
- Reduces hair growth.
- Exfoliates the skin and opens up the pores so that dirt comes out.
After waxing, you should:
- Apply a moisturizer.
- Wet the skin with a damp cloth so that it doesn’t dry out.
- Avoid too much sun exposure after waxing and wear a sunscreen if you have to.
- Don’t take warm or hot showers right after waxing.
- Apply a nourishing body lotion before going to bed.
- Reduce itching or redness with talcum powder.
If any skin-related problems don’t go away after a day or two, consult a dermatologist.