Lose Weight Fast and Easy with This Japanese Banana Diet
Believe it or not, this banana diet can help you lose up to 10 pounds within 7 days and what’s more, it doesn’t require giving up foods or other major lifestyle changes. The diet was presented in Hitoshi Watanabe’s book The Morning Banana Diet and it became very popular from then on.
The diet is consisted of eating a banana in the morning and drinking a glass of water at room temperature. You can freely eat anything you want throughout the day.
How Watanabe came up with this diet?
After several unsuccessful attempts to lose weight, Watanabe decided to make a collection of his past attempts to lose weight. He collaborated with his wife, a pharmacist. With her help, he created the diet known as Morning Banana Diet.
In most of the cases, overweight and obese people are advised to exercise regularly in order to burn more calories, however, Watanabe wanted to help people who want to lose weight but are not fans of exercising. His solution was eating a fresh banana and drinking a glass of water in the morning and not eating anything until lunch.
Bananas are one of the healthiest fruits in the world. They’re rich in resistant starch which encourages the process of weight loss. However, not every starch has the same effect. That is, starch can be digestible and resistant. The latter one doesn’t dissolve in the small intestine but it directly goes into the large intestine where fermentation takes place. Bacteria turn resistant starch into short-chain fatty acids that feed the cells and promote a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
Important to note:
- If you’re still hungry after one banana and a glass of water, feel free to eat another one. Make sure they’re always fresh.
- Watanabe adds that milk and alcohol should be avoided during the diet.
- You shouldn’t eat after 8pm.
- Going to bed before midnight is important as obesity is closely associated with going late to bed.
- If you feel hungry between lunch and dinner, eat some other fruit.
The benefits of bananas
- Rich in fiber and potassium
- They increase the energy
- They boost the metabolism and prevent overeating
- They regulate the blood glucose
- They eliminate cellulite