What to Do When You Need to Lose More than 50 Pounds
When you’re persistent and dedicated to lose weight and live a healthier life, even 50 pounds can be shed, believe it or not, within 4 months! The secret is healthy diet and regular workout. The following steps will help you include the important changes in your life and put an end to overweight and the health problems it entails.
The right diet
- Eat more whole grains and high-quality food only. You need to avoid processed foods, sweets, and carbs. Include more veggies, fruits, and lean protein.
- You should never overeat. Make sure your meal includes veggies that are low in calories but rich in nutrients. You shouldn’t eat more than ½ cup of whole grains and a 3-ounce serving of lean protein like chicken breast, flank steak, or white fish.
- Add healthy fat to your meals because they will prolong your satiety. Hence, do this by adding a tsp of olive or coconut oil, a tbsp of Chia or flaxseed, a quarter of an avocado, etc. to your smoothies and salads. Satisfy your cravings in between meals with nuts.
- When it comes to drinks, you should avoid soda drinks, alcohol, and sugary coffee drinks. This is because they contain too much artificial sugar and empty calories. Drink only freshly-prepared smoothies, juices, and herbal teas.
- You will need to burn 500 calories per training. Added to the 750-1000 calories lowered with the help of the healthy diet, you lose a healthy amount of calories per day.
- You should do cardio exercises because they burn the most calories. Increase the duration gradually. Also, walk for half an hour to 45 minutes, 3 times per week and then gradually increase the duration and frequency. After two months, change the workout, i.e. try out swimming, bike riding, or fitness.
- At this stage, you should continue with interval training-alternating sessions of intense training with short periods of rest. Warm up first and then replace two minutes of walking or running with 20 minutes of hard exercising.
- Afterwards, you should try out weight training. You can go to the gym or do the exercises at home. You need to do 8 to 12 repetitions in one set for every major muscle group twice per week, but not in consecutive days. You should do pushups, pull-ups, triceps dips, crunches, and squats.
- Avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle and always be active-take long walks, go bowling, run, vacuum, clean the house, etc. Do different activities that will keep you on your feet. Dancing is an excellent option as well.