Dye Your Hair Completely Naturally: These Recipes Will Make Your Hair Perfect!
Statistically speaking, approximately 65% of women dye their hair with hair dyes bought from pharmacies and markets. However, the bad part about these dyes is the presence of excessive amounts of chemicals that have a negative effect on the overall health. Namely, the National Cancer Institute stated that there are more than 5000 chemicals used in these dyes, most of them being carcinogenic and known to cause ovarian cancer, leukemia, and bladder cancer.
In order to stay on the safe side, but still dye your hair the way you like, you can always turn to natural methods for hair dying. Let’s take a look at the best natural ingredients for hair dying:
- Coffee-this beverage is excellent for darker hair tones. Just make a strong coffee, leave it to cool down, and then mix one cup of coffee with several cups of conditioner and two tbsp of coffee grounds. Then, shampoo the hair and afterwards pour the coffee. Leave it for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off with apple cider vinegar and warm water.
- Tea-this drink is recommended for natural hair color since it is less strong than coffee. Black tea is excellent in covering gray hairs, whereas chamomile tea is for blondes, redheads, and other lighter hair tones. Put three to five tea bags in two cups of boiling water and add a bit of conditioner. If you want to cover gray hairs, add a bit of dried sage. Apply it onto the hair and leave it overnight. In the morning, rinse it with warm water.
- Herbs-if you want to get red color or add highlights, you should use calendula, marigold, rosehips, and hibiscus. Simmer the herbs in boiling water for 30 minutes, then strain the content and leave it to cool down. Then, pour it onto the hair and leave the hair to dry naturally. If you want to get darker shade you should use rosemary, sage, and nettle. Simmer them for 30 minutes in boiling water, then strain the content and leave it to cool down. Apply it onto the hair and leave it for 60 minutes and then rinse the hair. For blond hair, you should use chamomile, calendula, and marigold. The procedure is same as the ones previously mentioned.
- Beet and carrot juice-beets and carrots are excellent for reddish to orange hair color. For orange, use more carrots and for red, use more beets. Prepare a cup of juice from beets or carrots, add a bit of coconut oil, and then pour it onto your hair. Wrap the hair in a nylon bag and leave it for an hour. Afterwards, rinse the hair and spray it with apple cider vinegar.
- Henna– this plant is highly recommendable for brunettes and redheads because it gives a red-orange color. Mix it with chamomile in order to soften the mixture. You need to mix one cup of henna powder with two cups of lemon juice and leave it for 6 hours. Then, apply it onto the hair, wrap it in a nylon bag and leave it for 3 hours before rinsing it.
- Lemon juice-lemon juice is good for highlights as it has whitening properties. Spray lemon juice onto the hair and brush it. Leave it for several hours and repeat few times for optimal results.
- Walnut shells-they are used for dark brownish hair tones. Crush several walnut shells and boil them for 30 minutes. Leave them to cool down before straining the content and applying it onto the hair. Leave it for one hour and then wash the hair.