8 Remedies for Sciatica Pain You Need to Try before Putting another Painkiller in Your Mouth
The sciatic nerve, which begins at the lower spine, goes through the buttock, and ends down to the lower limb of the foot, is among the biggest nerves in the body. This nerve is responsible for the strength, movement, and feeling of the legs.
One of the most common issues regarding the sciatic nerve is sciatica pain whose symptoms are pain, weakness, and tingling sensation in the lower limbs, and often, because of the symptoms, sciatica pain can be mistaken for spine ache or leg cramps.
In a lot of cases, the pain is mild; however, there are situations when patients reported feeling an unbearable and sharp sensation in one side of the body.
Due to the discomfort felt, people who experience sciatica pain are forced to remain in bed and they reach for over-the-counter medications to reduce the pain. According to research, 40% of the world’s population will experience this problem at some point in their lives.
Luckily, there are very beneficial natural methods that can relieve the pain and treat the inflammation caused by sciatica pain. Let’s take a look:
- Acupuncture- this method includes insertion of hair-fine needles at specific body points in order to aid the nerve function and increase the energy. Relief is felt after the first treatment, and few more sessions can do wonders.
- Chiropractic adjustments-according to research, chiropractic adjustments can be very efficient in solving this health problem. The manipulation of the spine reduces ache, treats the inflammation, restores mobility, and betters the function.
- Ice packs– use a simple package of frozen peas wrapped in a towel and place it directly onto the painful area. Leave the package for 20 minutes. Do this every 3 hours and the pain will go away.
- Alternate temperatures– in order to treat the inflammation, after applying an ice pack; you should apply a hot pack or have a hot bath. This alternation of temperatures will stimulate the lymph flow and circulation, and thus, treat the inflammation effectively. You can add essential oils, herbs, or Epsom salt to your bath for optimal results.
- Mild yoga stretches- although movement when you experience sciatica pain is generally painful, in order to speed up the healing process, you need to be active. By doing mild yoga moves you will better your mobility, strengthen the back muscles, and encourage proper blood flow.
- Massage- trigger point therapies or deeper massages can provide great results in treatment of numbness in the toes and legs, muscle spasms, and pain.
- Herbs and oils– herbs are known to decrease inflammation and treat ache. You can use them through infused oils, salves, capsules, liniments, etc. Before trying out natural herbs, consult your physician in order to be certain that they don’t interfere with any medications you might be taking. The following herbs are the most beneficial herbs for reduction of inflammation and pain and they enhance the health of the nerves: turmeric, roman chamomile, devil’s claw, white willow bark, milky oat tops, clary sage, lavender, licorice, St. John’s wort, skullcap, linden flower, Jamaican dogwood, kratom, arnica, etc.
All in all, you should also get enough sleep so that you can relax the muscles and the body and strengthen the nerves. If you happen to experience sciatica symptoms for more than several weeks, you need to consult a professional, since you might have other condition which pinches the nerves or causes pressure, like dislocated vertebrae, which requires a specific therapy.
Source: HEALTHYFOODHOUSEhttp://thehealthguide.org/2016/11/28/remedies-sciatica-pain-need-try-putting-another-painkiller-mouth/http://thehealthguide.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/8-Remedies-For-Sciatica-Pain-You-Need-to-Try-Before-Putting-Another-Painkiller-in-Your-Mouth-1024x538.jpghttp://thehealthguide.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/8-Remedies-For-Sciatica-Pain-You-Need-to-Try-Before-Putting-Another-Painkiller-in-Your-Mouth-150x150.jpgHealthHome RemediesBack Pain,home treatment of sciatica pain,natural methods,sciatica pain,spine ache