The 10 Kidney-Damaging Medications You Are Most Likely to Use
Nowadays, conventional therapies for different diseases and conditions are based on medications. However, the problem with these therapies is that the medications have a lot of side effects. In most of the cases, they can cause damage to the kidneys and disrupt their proper functioning. Unfortunately, when the kidneys are unable to function well, the overall health is at risk as well.
Below, you have the top ten medications which cause the biggest damage to the kidneys and need to be avoided as much as possible. Let’s take a look:
- Analgesics like anti-inflammatory drugs, ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, etc.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, vancomycin, etc.
- High blood pressure drugs
- Antiviral drugs like tenofovir, acyclovir, etc.
- Chemotherapy medications like interferons, pamidronate, cisplatin, etc.
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, rofecoxib, etc.
- Rheumatoid arthritis drugs like chloroquine and infliximab
- Heartburn drugs like esomeprazole, lansoprazole, and rabeprazole
- Lithium used for treatment of bipolar diseases